Paging Paige

I just spent 30 minutes Internet-stalking a child actress from the ’90s in a totally uncreepy way. Paige Tamada. Do you know her? No? Not familiar with her work?

Maybe this will refresh your memory.

Judy the Elf, The Santa Clause

Image source: Aveleyman.com

Yes, of course, Paige Tamada who played Judy the Elf in The Santa Clause! Obvi. IMDb tells me she had the sound judgment to pass on The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, but she did guest star several times on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Good call, Paige. Wise beyond your years.

I have a fondness for feel-good holiday films (some might say “obsession”), and The Santa Clause is a delightfully cheesy favorite. I ordered a copy on Amazon last week to add to my growing collection (along with Elf and Little Women — eeee! Movie marathon!) and was overjoyed when it arrived just in time for a Friday night viewing.

As we were watching, I shared with Brian and Kaila that a high school classmate once asked me, totally out of the blue, “Has anyone ever told you you look like Judy the Elf?” Um, no. Never. And no one ever has since. That’s a really strange and obscure reference that I probably shouldn’t get. But yet, I’m oddly, embarrassingly proud of this comparison. I mean, look at that little face! She’s adorable. What a compliment.

Anyway, back to my stalking. She hasn’t acted in anything since a 1999 episode of Ally McBeal, and I’m kind of distraught that I don’t know where she is or what she’s doing now. Well, some anonymous forum poster did say she went to UC Berkeley to study English, so it must be true.

Paige, if you’re out there, I hope you are well. I know you turned into a ridiculously good-looking adult, so you’ve got that going for you. Drop me a line, and we’ll grab a hot cocoa in Berkeley the next time I’m home. No one will even look twice at the ears.

6 comments

1 Joe Blow { 11.18.13 at 4:28 am }

The time you spent looking for this kid is COMPLETELY CREEPY. Especially since you end your info with “I know you turned into a ridiculously good-looking adult”…fucking creepy nerd.

2 Stinky { 12.17.13 at 8:09 pm }

That is a ridiculous comment by Joe Blow… I often Google actors curious about what other TV shows & movies they’ve starred in. This young actress starred in many different TV shows as listed on IMDB.

Joe Blow is the one with the guilty conscious

3 Stinky { 12.17.13 at 8:26 pm }

Sorry, I obviously meant “conscience”…
You’ve got to love these smartphones that seem to have a mind of their own!

4 Jenica { 02.13.14 at 10:34 pm }

Hi! I went to school with Paige as a child. I met her while attending the French American school Lila in Santa Ana,CA. I remember watching The Santa Clause when it first came out and I spotted Paige! I’m 5 years younger than she so we weren’t as close. But I do recall playing with her at recess! Lol

5 Shanae { 02.26.14 at 12:32 am }

“Not too hot…extra chocolate, shaken not stirred.” I loved that part!!! I remember she played one of JTT’s friends on an episode of Home Improvement around the same time. Pretty sure it was the Halloween a Episode.

6 Gillian { 03.08.14 at 5:36 am }

Joe, I guess I shouldn’t tell you how I just Googled you then, huh?

Thanks, Stinky :) I think I need to download the IMDB app for my phone since I use the site so much!

Jenica, that’s awesome! Spotting a childhood classmate on the silver screen is pretty cool.

Haha, yes, exactly, Shanae! Extra points for the “Home Improvement” fact – thank you for having excellent ’90s trivia knowledge.